Engaging the Self: Demystifying Mindfulness
Two virtual events were held on May 20 and May 23, 2021. Each event featured the following mindfulness practices:
- a short animated film about mindfulness,
- a short original film of dialogue with the self,
- a guided sitting meditation,
- a guided movement meditation,
- a free-association journaling session,
- an open discussion and sharing.
Sixty four people registered for these sessions, which were attended by 41 people. There were 66 chat interactions and 18 verbal interactions.
These programs were supported in part by a grant from the Sandwich Cultural Council and Mid-Cape Cultural Council, local agencies which are supported by the Mass Cultural Council, a state agency. Other supporters include the Friends of the Sandwich Public Library.
This is the promo video that was used to promote the event.
Thank you to our sponsors who supported these events.
Sandwich Arts Alliance
Sandwich Council on Aging
Friends of the Sandwich Public Library
Barnstable Adult Community Center
Massachusetts Cultural Council