Video from our recent festival event
This video contains footage from our 2nd Mindfulness Arts Festival held on May 7, 2022 at the Cultural Center of Cape Cod, South Yarmouth, MA. Excerpts of three short plays are included: Knock Knock by Karen McGarr, Conversations at Walden by Pete Cormier and Deliberately by Megan Nussle featuring a floor mural by artist Mark Adams. This event was sponsored by the Arts Foundation of Cape Cod, the Massachusetts Cultural Council and the Cultural Center of Cape Cod.
August Training Opportunities
Two Short Plays
at the Barnstable Adult Community Center
June 21, 2022
This event was held at the Mashpee Council on Aging on Tuesday May 24. There were about 30 attendees. Our presentation included Knock Knock, A Short Play,
A Brief Guided Meditation,
Conversations at Walden, A Short Play followed by a talkback with the actors and playwright.
Two Short Plays
at the Mashpee Council on Aging
May 24, 2022
This event was held at the Mashpee Council on Aging on Tuesday May 24. There were about 24 attendees. Our presentation included the following:
- Knock Knock, A Short Play
- A Brief Guided Meditation
- Conversations at Walden, A Short Play
- Talkback with the actors and playwrights
2nd Mindfulness Arts Festival
Cultural Center of Cape Cod, Yarmouth
May 7, 2022
Pics from this event
- 10:00 Short Films
- 10:30 Meditation Sit / Mindful Movement
- 11:00 Three Plays
- 12:30 The Magic of Flowers / Meditation Sit
- 1:00 The Magic of Flowers cont’d / Mindful Movement
- 1:30 Three Plays
- 2:30 Three Plays cont’d / Meditation Sit
- Ellen Gorman – Filmmaker, Producer at Moving Arts Exchange
- Megan Nussle – Playwright, Director at Campfire Quorum
- Karen McGarr – Playwright, Director, Author
- Suzanne Faith – Presenter, RN, Certified Dementia Specialist, Artist, Healer at The Nature of Design
- Alyssa Davis – Meditation Guide
- Marcy Breier – Mindfulness Movement Guide
- Pam DeNapoli – Vendor, RN, BSN, MS Holistic Health & Spiritual Care, Certified Medium & Reiki Master at Holistic Soul Studio
- Tori Stephenson – Vendor, Self Love Coach at Tori Lynne Coaching
- Christine Perrault – Vendor, Certified Health & Wellness Coach (AFPA) at Wellness Together, LLC… A Path to Healthy Aging
- Jean Marie Fisher – House Manager
- Mallory Cormier – Volunteer
- Actors: Heather Pannell, Theresa Cedrone, Lyndsey Rotman, Karen Santos, June Bowser-Barrett, Diane Scharf, Jadah Carroll, John Shuman, Paul E. Halley, Christopher Brady
Sponsors for this event were
Winter Solstice Celebration – Dec 2021
This virtual event, held on the evening of the winter solstice provided a brief history of solstice and yule-inspired mid-winter festivals. In keeping with this tradition, we used Qigong practices to move our bodies while facing the 4 compass points, then we meditated upon the elements of earth, fire, water and air.
We also shared art with each other and ended by constructing yule logs, which held our respective paper notes describing behaviors and activities that no longer serve us, making space for new aspirations for the coming year.
1st Mindfulness Arts Festival – Fall 2021
This virtual event, held on August 26, 2021 brought together 10 artists who explored mindfulness in very different ways.
More than 40 people registered for this Pay What You Can event. Audience participation yielded several amazing poems, which are showcased on our reflections link.
Our sponsors for this event were:
Mindful Journaling & Sketching
Wednesday August 25, 2021 (6:30-8pm)
This free virtual event included a guided meditation, followed by a period of writing and/or sketching in response to a prompt, and ended with an opportunity to share and discuss the experience. It was supported and hosted by our collaborating organization, the Falmouth Public Library.
Wednesday August 11, 2021 (3-4pm)
This in person event was held on the lawn outside the Falmouth Public Library (FPL). It included a brief guided meditation, followed by a weaving workshop. Looms and yarn were provided free of charge by the Falmouth Public Library who is sponsored the event. (Note: the year of 2001 on the image was in a typo, it was 2021.)
Engaging the Self
These two events on May 20 & 23, 2021 included an original film, a meditation, mindful movement, journaling, and an opportunity to reflect and share in safe respectful setting. Support was by Sandwich Arts Alliance, Sandwich Council on Aging,
Friends of the Sandwich Public Library
Barnstable Adult Community Center
Massachusetts Cultural Council